We've Moved !
Team XL has moved to 450 Fletcher Parkway, Suite 203! One whole block away! Stop by and say hi!
Would you like more time off this summer?
When the weather's great, we all want more time off. But when that's not an option, this edition of 60 Second Solutions will show you five ways to put a little sunshine in your work day.
Follow XL Staffing on Twitter!
Click here to follow us on Twitter.
5 Ways to Beat the Summertime Blues
When you were a kid, summer meant vacation. It was a time for shrugging off responsibilities and relaxing. Now, slacking off is not an option! So how can you stay motivated when you'd rather be at the beach?
Here are five tips that will help you stay focused and get things done during the months ahead.
1. Open a Window. One of the hardest aspects of working in an office during the spring and summer is not being able to enjoy fresh air during the work day. And when you work in an air-conditioned office building, it's probably chilly and stale inside when it's warm outside.
If you've got access to a window, ask permission to open it up for a bit during the day. It might not be quite as good as actually being outside, but it can help you experience the warmer weather. Being able to enjoy the fresh air from your desk will allow you to focus on your work, rather than staring out the window, wondering how it feels outside.
2. Get Outside During the Work Day. Do your best to schedule some time outside during your work day. It'll be much easier to enter the office in the morning if you know you're going to walk to the park during your lunch hour. You can even use going outside as a motivational tool--promise yourself you'll step out for a few minutes once you complete a particular task.
3. Incorporate The Outdoors Into Your Work. The more you can incorporate the outdoors into your work this time of year, the happier you'll be. Need to meet with co-workers? See if they want to run across the street to get coffee, or take a walk around the block while you strategize. Want to reconnect with clients? Schedule a lunch at a restaurant with a patio. You'll kill two birds with one stone by getting work done while you enjoy the weather.
4. Make the Most of Your Time Off. It's always tempting to sleep late on weekends, or to spend hours catching up on your TV shows. But when the weather is nice, take the opportunity to enjoy it. Getting outside in the evenings and on the weekends, and getting it out of your system, will make it easier to focus when you return to the office on Monday.
5. Plan a Vacation. People are expected to take time off during the spring, for holidays and school breaks, and summer, when the corporate pace slows down. Take advantage of it! You don't have to go anywhere fancy or expensive, just somewhere you can get a break from your work routine and enjoy the summer. And you'll be more motivated to work hard and get your tasks done if you know you've got a nice reward on the horizon.
Staffing Resource Center
Click here to view this valuable resource.
Did you miss our last issue of The X-Factor?
It shows how to leverage Pinterest for recruiting and employer branding.